Sunday, May 12

Fellaini 'happy' at Everton despite Manchester United talk




 Fellaini 'happy' at Everton despite Manchester United talk


Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini insists that he is "happy" at the club and would rather fulfil his dreams of Champions League football at Goodison Park despite talk of a move to Manchester United.


The Belgian has been in impressive form this season, sparking rumours that he is set to follow manager David Moyes to Old Trafford in the summer.

Fellaini admits that he wants to play in Europe's top competition at an English club but would rather stay where he is.





"Every player wants to play in the Champions League. That is the big competition," he told the Daily Mirror.

"I hope I can do it with Everton. I'm happy here. I've been at the club for five years. I'm happy because I know everybody.

"For my future, I want to play in England. The Premier League is the best league. Here there are five, six, seven, eight teams, all of whom think they are good enough to play in the Champions League and want that. There isn't another country in Europe where you get that."

Fellaini is the Toffees' top goalscorer this season with 12 goals, having mostly played behind the striker in an advanced midfield position, but, in spite of his success in front of the net, he finds the role "difficult" and believes that he is best suited to a more defensive deployment
"Sometimes I look at myself and ask\; 'What is my best position?' I think it's a defensive midfielder, that's the best one," he declared.

"The manager might like it sometimes when I play up front because I can cause trouble for the defenders but, for me, my best position defensive midfield - stopping the opposition and then looking to impose myself on a game.

"When I play up front, it's hard. It's not my position and I find it difficult. I've played in a few positions. Sometimes I've played well there. I understand why the manager might put me up there."

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *